I’ve been in a really good place with my reading recently – I’m already 9 books ahead of schedule on my Goodreads goal of 75 books and I’ve finally managed to cut down my currently reading books to just 1 or 2 at a time. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use my reading drive to now try to cut down my ever growing TBR.
My plan is to spend March exclusively reading books that I already own without buying anything new or reading from the library.
As it is not particularly about the spending, I will allow myself to buy books I already own in other formats (i.e. the audiobook when I already own the ebook). I’m also allowing myself to buy from time-limited deals IF it’s a book I already want to read because I’ve added it Goodreads (can’t miss those deals 😂). I’ll keep this to a minimum, I just know I’ll be more tempted if I don’t make it an option.
As of writing this post I have 235 unread books with 174 of them being on my ‘TBR’. The rest are books I’ve had for a long time that I have no particular drive to read anymore, though I do occasionally read books of this kind. With big numbers like this, a single month tackling it is hardly going to make a difference, but I’m hoping that it’s going to form better habits for me and allow me to drastically cut it down throughout the year.
I have about a week left of February to hopefully read a couple more so I’d ideally like to have no more than 220 unread books by the end of March, but we’ll see how this goes.
I wasn’t sure whether to set myself a TBR as it’s just about tackling my TBR, but I thought I’d list a few books that I’m currently drawn to reading. I know it’s a lot more than I could get to.
- The Magicians Trilogy – Lev Grossman (currently reading)
- The Selection series – Kiera Cass
- Noughts & Crosses – Malorie Blackman
- Of Fire and Stars – Audrey Coulthurst
- Tunnel of Bones – Victoria Schwab
- Lord of the Rings series – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Heroes of Olympus series – Rick Riordan
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken – Brigid Kemmerer
- Throne of Glass series – Sarah J. Maas
- The Sin Eaters Daughter – Melinda Salisbury
- The Hazel Wood – Melissa Albert
What are your reading plans for March?📚